Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dat ist da "blob"


At least this is what Wanda called it!! You were right: This is resin (tree sap) that lateron, in many years will be called Amber. It came out of the tree that has many woodpecker holes. Thank you all for commenting on yesterday's post. That was nice!
Wanda hat das so genannt!! Ihr habt recht gehabt: Das ist Harz, den man spaeter Bernstein nennt, nach vielen Jahren. Es kam aus dem Baum der viele Spechtloecher hat. Vielen Dank dass ihr alle kommentiert habt. Das war nett!

11 comments:

Priscilla said...

Very interesting. I didn't know all of this.

Pedi said...

Ich mag Rätsel auf den Blogs! Dankeschön! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have some coming from my dying cherry tree. In fact it is coming out from spots all over. And it is trapping some interested ants. In time it will be amber and worth a lot of money. But by then I don't think anybody will need money on earth.

Heike said...

Gerne wieder :-))

K M F said...

very intersting

Lori said...

I didn't know that tree sap eventually becomes amber. Interesting lesson!

Wanda said...

I'm famous...I've been "quoted"!! Gudl I just couln't resist that!!
What fun we have!

Anonymous said...

Nice title, lol! That is how Amber comes?!?!?! That's so cool! Interesting pictures!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

we can work on our violin bows now, :)

duopastorale said...

Nice. I saw lots of amber on the Baltic coast a couple of years ago.

Anonymous said...

I was too late to comment, but I think I would have known the answer :-)
The Norwegian name is "kvae"