Saturday, November 17, 2007

Barn Cats


These are our kitties which we have since 6 weeks. The first one that we got disappeared. We lost him to the woods!
These two now, we watch like the apple of our eye (isn't that how you say it?) They are not allowed to go outside at all yet. It is a lot of work to keep them in the barn. We have to close the barn door when they are out or we open it (for the horse) and put them in their carrier-bed. In the meantime they grew a lot already, but I didn't show them to you earlier because I wanted to be sure they survive!! We named them Groenemeyer and Genevieve. A boy and a girl. Tomorrow I will show you more photos of the first day.
Das sind unsere Stallkatzen die wir vor 6 Wochen bekamen, nachdem uns die erste abhanden gekommen ist. Wir bewachen sie sehr. Sie duerfen noch ueberhaupt nicht raus. Es macht viel Arbeit, denn wir muessen staendig den Stall schliessen, wenn sie frei rumlaufen u dann oeffnen, fuer's Pferd, dann sind sie in ihrem Kaefig. In der Zwischenzeit sind sie schon viel gewachsen. Ich habe sie nicht frueher vorgestellt, weil ich erst mal sehen wollte, ob sie ueberleben! Sie heissen Groenemeyer u Genevieve. Ein Bub u ein Maedchen. Morgen zeige ich mehr Fotos vom ersten Tag.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wie süss und putzig die 2 Ja das ist eine Aufgabe diese quirligen Kätzchen zu "bewachen!"

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love barn cats.

In answer to your question, I am pretty sure leaves never turn and fall around here, given the nature of our tropical flora. Palm fronds fall, but for random reasons having nothing to do with the change in seasons. But, this is my first winter in wonderland, so who knows?

stadtgarten said...

Die sind ja total süß! Kann ich mir vorstellen, dass es nicht leicht ist, die beiden drinnen zu halten, denn sie wollen ja bestimmt die Welt erkunden...
LG und ein schönes Wochenende, Monika

Pedi said...

Wie süß, die würd ich gern mal streicheln!

Anonymous said...

I love the little kittens. They are so cute, as long as they don't get outside! :-)

duopastorale said...

They are cute... but I can't stop thinking about the stray one. That's so sad. I hope it survived somehow.

Anonymous said...

The apple of my eye - is like the best of the lot. Or, like "I got my eye on that one." Or, 'It gets all of my attention.' That is kind of what it means. All of those things.

Nice kittens. They will be OK once they acclimate to their environment. Nice post.

Priscilla said...

They are cute! I was hoping the other would've shown up again. Hey....I never see you any more! I'm always at CBS, but often helping in the tech booth. Coffee sometime perhaps?

Martha said...

Who can resist a kitten. So cute and soft. Soon they will be big enough to leave the safety of the barn.

Kerri Farley said...

I love kitties! These are adorable!

Shelly said...

Awe... they are cute!

Wanda said...

How sweet! I love kittens, they are so fun to watch.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I can't look at this very long --- I'll end up getting one! We used to have cats but I have sworn not to get any more animals. This may make me change my mind. :)

Martin Stickland said...

'Handsome like his Father'? are you trying to say that he is not my son? (have you thought of glasses?)

tee hee

Nice cure pussie cats.

Have a good Sunday my friend.

m

JO said...

oh how cute! I am glad you found some new ones - adorable! Sounds like a plan, keeping them locked inside for now -:) Kittens are such fun. If they are bro and sis make sure one gets fixed ;)

T said...

I'll take one! maybe they can get my rat

JAM said...

They are cute. I'm sure they'll keep the place rat and mouse free. When my parents lived in the country, they had a shed that was about half the size of a barn and their cats were diligent in keeping the area free of pests.