Tuesday, October 09, 2007

View out of my Mother's Bathroom Window


I thought you might like this view! The church you see was built originally in the 13th century, it is called "Valentinuskirche" (St. Valentine's church), next to it you see the tower (steeple) of another, smaller church, it is called "Michael's chapel". The house to the right with the small tower is actually a privately owned house, that was built in the 17th century by a duke. The smaller house between has lots of old timberframe. That is where we celebrated my Aunt's 60th birthday just a week ago...And the neighbor next to my Mom's has a pool ;-)
Den Deutschen brauch ich ja nicht viel zu erzaehlen! Ich hatte das Foto eigentlich nur aufgenommen, weil ich mal zeigen wollte, wie der Nachbargarten mit dem kleinen Pool nun aussieht. Sogar eine richtige Palme steht da! Ob die den Winter ueberlebt? Hier wuerde das nicht gehen!!

9 comments:

Olivier said...

ta maman a une superbe vue , l'eglise est tres belle


Your mother has a superb view, the church is very beautiful

Anonymous said...

Hallo Gudrun,was für ein schönes Foto:-) Heute Morgen war ich noch da,seit heute Mittag sind Horst und ich wieder daheim.
Danke auch für den Link,haben ihn mir gleich bei den Favoriten abgespeichert,werde es gerne lesen Tag für Tag.
Ich denke seither oft an unser gutes Gespräch und Gebet gemeinsam.Es "klingt"in mir.....

T said...

LOL. what a view! from the bathroom? very cute.... still that is a spectactular view and the history is very interesting.
I enjoy hearing about your trips to your country!

Lori said...

Glad you are back! I hope you had a wonderful trip. This is a beautiful shot. It seems unusual to see a palm tree in the yard! You must have seen many beautiful things!

JAM said...

Beautiful, and so very different than any place I have experienced.

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos. I like that house the Duke built. It is neat.

Wanda said...

These pictures make me feel like I live on the tiniest corner of the earth! California is a baby compared to beauty and history of your country. I love the pictures, and what a view!

Priscilla said...

It is interesting. all of it. I love history and would love to explore.

Angela Marie said...

What a view from every window!

Wow!