Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Palm Tree



This is the palm tree we have since the birth of our daughter 12 years ago. It was tiny and is pretty big now (like she is!). I like the yellow seeds it has every year. Anyway...speaking of Palm Tree, we are on the way to Florida, Fort Lauderdale to be exact. Yipeeh-yaeh! And underneath a really cute video!
Diese Palme haben wir zur Geburt unserer Tochter bekommen, vor 12 Jahren. Sie war winzig klein damals und ist heute ziemlich gross (wie auch das Kind!) Mir gefallen immer die gelben Saamenkoerner, die die Palme jedes Jahr bekommt. Wenn wir gerade von Palmen sprechen ....wir sind heute unterwegs nach Florida, wir fliegen nach Fort Lauderdale genauer gesagt. Wie schoen!
Und hier noch ein schoenes Video!


10 comments:

Olivier said...

il est tres beau ton palmier, moi j'ai pas la main verte, alors les plantes ne durent pas longtemps chez moi ;o(


it is very beautiful tone palm tree, me I do not have the green hand, then the plants do not last a long time at home; O (

Lis vom Lindenhof said...

Ihr habt es gut, so einfach mal nach Florida fliegen geht bei uns halt leider nicht.
Schöne Ostern wünsche ich dir schon mal

LG Lis

Rachel said...

That video is absolutely adorable! I put a cute one up yesterday, did you see it?

Have fun in Florida! I'm sure the weather will be absolutely gorgeous.

T said...

have fun in florida! get a good tan, or not. but have fun just the same.

Lori said...

I have the exact same plant! My grandmother gave me mine a long time ago and it has gotten quite big. It makes me think of her. Have a nice vacation in Florida!

Priscilla said...

Have fun in Florida! Cute video.

Gudl said...

Thanks for all your nice comments and well wishes!
We made it safely to here.
I am going to post a photo every day, but I have to admit, they are from last year. ... I didn't want to blog too much while on vacation...

Annie said...

Gudl, I wish you a wonderful holiday. Perhaps you can swim in tandem with your husband, just as the little otters were doing together.

Greg C said...

Oh I love otters. Eveny once in a while I catch them playing in the Edisto river here where I work. That reminds me, I need to go to the pond today and see what is going on over there. There is an osprey that is nesting there and maybe I can catch the otters playing. Have fun in Florida. While on the beach look for sea beans along the shore. They are long green seed pods that will grow an interesting plant in sandy soil. You will have to take it inside in the winter but they are easy to grow.

Mirjam said...

Ich hoffe Ihr habt viel Spaß in Florida!