Thursday, February 22, 2007

Morning has Broken


When I saw the sun rise the other day (and also today), I thought "His mercies are new every morning".
Here is the verse that I meant:
This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
Lamentations 3:21-24
Als ich kuerzlich diesen Sonnenaufgang sah (wie heute auch), dachte ich "Seine Guete ist jeden Morgen neu"
Hier ist der Bibelvers, den ich meinte:
Dies nehme ich zu Herzen, darum hoffe ich noch:
Die Guete des HERRN ist's, dass wir nicht gar aus sind, seine Barmherzigkeit hat noch kein Ende, sondern sie ist alle Morgen neu, und deine Treue ist gross.
Der Herr ist mein Teil, spricht meine Seele; darum will ich auf ihn hoffen.
Klagelieder 3:21-24

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture, and a great verse!

Gemma said...

Ich schließe mich mellimouse an. Wunderschöner Vers.

Anonymous said...

Hat mir gut getan das zu lesen.
Wunderschön wirklich,Gudrun

T said...

ah old testament! you know there is sooooo much strenght in that verse. thank you for sharing!

Rachel said...

That is a great verse, very comforting.

Margie said...

Beautiful picture and wonderful comforting words!

Margie

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I love what you thought of the sunrise. I should remember that.