Thursday, March 15, 2007

On my Way Home




On Monday I gave our daughter a ride to school and on the way back I passed this flock of wild turkeys. We see them all the time, but finally I had my camera in the car and was able to take a picture. There were about 15 turkeys, but of course when they saw me getting out of the car they ran! Well, I am used to that. ...
Als ich am Montag unsere Tochter zur Schule brachte, kam ich auf dem Rueckweg an diesem Schwarm von wilden Truthaehnen vorbei. Wir sehen sie oft, doch dieses Mal hatte ich endlich meine Kamera dabei und konnte sie fotographieren. Es waren ca. 15 Truthaehne und Hennen, aber als sie mich aus dem Auto kommen sahen, sind sie natuerlich gerannt! Das bin ich aber gewohnt...

13 comments:

Olivier said...

belle brochette ;o). elles sont sauvages ?

beautiful skewer ;O). they are wild?

Anonymous said...

wie schön! Letztes Jahr habe ich Turkeys gefüttert, da war sogar ein Baby dabei...süß! Simone

Gudl said...

Olivier, oui, elles sont sauvage!

Priscilla said...

¡Los pavos son gordos y deliciosos! (Con papas y salsa de carne)

Yes...I am trying to be silly. And I am much better at Spanish than German.

T said...

yum! gobble gobble them up!
okay you have these everywhere?
pheasents too? a real smorgasborg!
oh whats for dinner?......TURKEY!
LOL

Unknown said...

I see these guys sometimes on my way into town, too. They aren't the smartest animals on the farm.

Anonymous said...

Good job with the pictures!!!

Martha said...

"If you want to fly with the eagles, you can't be hanging out with the turkeys."

Ahh, yes, Turkeys! And then there's them possums too! Makes a mighty good pie!

Pedi said...

Ich glaube ich habe noch noch nie welche ein echt gesehen... oder?
Vielleicht auch vergessen...

Shelly said...

Wow! I'd love to get pictures of that!!!

Gemma said...

Truthähne sind ziemlich hässliche Tiere - aber schmecken gut....

Mirjam said...

Das stimmt! Außerdem geben sie auch so lustige Töne von sich, die Nachbarn meiner Eltern hatten früher welche in ihrem Garten.

Margie said...

What a great picture!